What time does check-in open?
Check-in is from 14:00 hrs – 18:00 hrs. Arrival outside these hours by prior arrangement only.
What time is check-out?
We ask that you depart by 10:30 prompt, so that we have time to prepare the pods for the next guests.
Can I check-in early or check-out late?
There may be the option to do this, depending on the day and if your pod is in use again that night; please contact us to ask. You can always arrive early and leave your car/belongings at York Holiday & Cycle Stop to then explore York, before returning to check-in.
Do I have to pre-pay for my booking?
All bookings will have payment taken in full at the time of booking – without it they are not confirmed. There will be a £10 cancellation fee up to 3 days prior to your stay and after that it will be the full rate, should you wish to cancel your stay.
Can I get to you by Public Transport?
There is a bus service with a stop on the Stamford Bridge Road on the edge of Holtby village. We are a five minute walk away through the village.
What should we bring?
You may want to bring:
- Towels (don't forget your wash bag too!)
- Sleeping bags, duvet, pillows, etc.
- A torch or lantern may come in handy for late-night trips to the loo!
- A cool bag or box might be a good idea too if you have one.
- Something to contain water – we have a water tap onsite, but you will need something to store water in for use in cooking etc. There is a kettle in each pod, so you could use this if you don’t need much water.
- Tin opener, bottle opener, corkscrew
Optional services (priced separately):
- Bedding (Duvet, pillow-cases, linen)
- Porridge Oats
- Ready Meals
- Cool boxes
- Disposable BBQs
Is it possible to set the pod as a twin room?
Yes, it is possible to opt for either a Twin or Double bed arrangement within the pod. The Double is achieved by attaching the two singles together. The pods are a compact and intimate arrangement, suited best for couples or single travellers.
What shops and eateries are nearby?
|Distance (Miles)||Cycle Time (Mins, Aprox)||Opening Hours|
|Agar Arms, Warthill||0.8||5||Tue – Sat
12:00 – 18:00
|Cross Keys Pub, Dunnington||1.6||9|
|Julie's Bakery (Hot Sandwiches)||2.4||11||Sat
08:00 – 13:00
Mon – Fri
07:30 – 15:00
|The Windmill, Dunnington||2.5||14|
(Fish & Chips)
Sun - Monday
11:30 - 13:30
|The Duke of York, Gate Helmsley||2.3||10|
|The Three Cups||3.2||14||12:00 – 23:00|
|Balloon Tree, Gate Helmsley||2.5||15||Farmshop:
09:00 – 18:00
09:00 – 17:00
|BATA Garage||1.8||15||08:00 – 20:00
10:00 - 18:00
|Numark Pharmacy||1.7||10||9:00 – 18:00|
Can we have an extra bed in the pod?
The pods do not have room to accommodate an extra bed.
Are there cooking facilities?
Yes, we have communal cooking facilities in our amenity block. We also have an area that is a dedicated location for cooking with a BBQ or gas stove.
Can we BBQ?
Yes, we have a dedicated area for BBQs. It is important to keep such fire away from the pods. You can bring your own small BBQ and we also sell disposable BBQs on site.
Is there a TV in the pod?
Is there WiFi?
Yes, we offer use of our WiFi hotspot. Additional charges may apply.
Is there a Noise Restriction/Lights Out policy?
We ask that you are respectful of the other people staying on site and bear in mind the site manager has the right to ask you to quieten down or leave. To be fair to everyone we ask that there is no loud music at any time.
Can I bring a dog?
Sorry, the site accepts Guide Dogs only.
How do we find you by car?
On the edge of the village of Holtby our site is easily accessed from the A64 via the Stamford Bridge Road (A166 Eastbound). Simply take a left turn into the village of Holtby after around 2 miles. Through the village the road forks, taking the left fork our site is just around a left-hand bend in the road.
York Holiday & Cycle Stop, Holtby, York , YO19 5UD.
- We ask that all guests act with consideration for others, to observe site rules and to keep the area clean and tidy for others.
- We have an attractive village location and would ask that you respect the environment here and keep disturbance to our neighbours to a minimum when accessing and leaving our site.
- Be respectful of others and bear in mind the site manager has the right to ask you to quieten down or leave. To be fair to everyone we ask that there is no loud music at any time.
- No open fires are permitted on the site and portable barbecues may only be used in the designated area. The pitching of tents on the site is allowable only with the permission of the site manager.
- Waste should be disposed of only in the bins and recycling facilities provided.
- Pets are not allowed on-site other than guide dogs
Arrivals and Departures
- All guests and visitors are required to call in at reception on arrival.
- Check-in is between 14:00 hrs - 18:00 hrs.
- Check-out should be before 10:30 hrs.
- Arrivals and departures outside these hours by prior arrangement with the site manager only.
- All keys and items loaned as part of the booking must be returned to reception on checking-out.
- Only pre-registered private vehicles are allowed on-site, due to limited parking availability. Minibuses or other such larger vehicles can be allowed access, with prior permission from the manager.
Enjoy your stay!
- Only those people listed on the booking can occupy your accommodation and use the facilities of the Park.
- The proprietors are not responsible for any loss or damage made by clients on their property.
- Pods and surrounding areas must be left clean and tidy and vacated by the times on the booking form. Damages and losses must be paid for before departure.
- All under 16's staying in a pod must be accompanied by an adult.
- The proprietors shall be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time for essential maintenance or required inspections. Wherever possible, this will be by prior arrangement.
- A no-smoking policy applies in all buildings, camping pods and communal areas. Smoking or use of e-cigarettes is only allowed in the designated area.
Communal kitchen, shower and amenity block
- Guests are requested to act with consideration for others and keep the area clean and tidy for others.
- Guests must ensure that any appliances used are switched off after use.