What time does check-in open?
Check-in is from 14:00 hrs – 18:00, but if you want to earlier and leave a vehicle or arrive later please let us know in advance.For arrivals after 18:00 we arrange self-check-in
What time is check-out?
We ask that you depart by 10:30 prompt, so that we have time to prepare the pods for the next guests.
Can I check-in early or check-out late?
There may be the option to do this, depending on the day and if your pod is in use again that night; please contact us to ask. You can always arrive early and leave your car/belongings at York Holiday & Cycle Stop to then explore York, before returning to check-in.
Do I have to prepay for my booking?
All bookings will have payment taken in full at the time of booking – without it they are not confirmed – a 100% refund is available up to 14 days prior to your stay and after that it will be the full rate.
Can I get to you by Public Transport?
There is a bus service with a stop on the Stamford Bridge road on the edge of Holtby village and we are a five minute walk away through the village.
What should we bring?
You may want to bring:
- Towels (don't forget your wash bag too!)
- Sleeping bags, duvet, pillows, etc.
- A torch or lantern may come in handy for late night trips to the loo!
- A cool bag or box (There is a small fridge in the shared kitchen).
- Sensible shoes for walking over the grass to the pods
Optional services (priced separately):
- Bedding (Duvet, pillow-cases, linen)
- Disposable BBQs
Can I have a double / twin room / extra bed?
The Eco-Pods all have two single beds that pull out and convert into a king size bed.
The Eco-Pod Plus have a standard sized double bed
There is no room in the pods for additional beds, cots etc.
Can we bring children?
The pods are designed for two people, they do not have room to accommodate an extra bed or cot. The Eco-Pods do have King sized beds though so we are happy for couples to bring a single under five year old child with them so long as they are happy to share a king size bed
The Eco-Pod Plus is only suitable for a maximum of two people.
Are there cooking facilities?
Yes, we have communal cooking facilities in our amenity block. We also have an area that is a dedicated location for cooking with a BBQ or gas stove.
Can we BBQ?
Yes, we have dedicated area for BBQs, this is the only place we allow BBQ’s. It is important to keep such fire away from the pods. You can bring your own small BBQ and we sell disposable BBQs on site.
Is there a TV in the pod?
Is there WiFi?
Yes we offer free WiFi, it’s available inside and outside your pod.
Is there a Noise Restriction/Lights Out policy?
Please be considerate of other guests. Keep noise low at all times, switch off music after 22:00 and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
Respect the village location and keep disturbance to a minimum when coming or going from the site
Can I bring a dog?
What shops and eateries are nearby?
|Distance (Miles)||Cycle Time (Mins, Aprox)||Opening Hours|
Agar Arms, Warthill
|0.8||5||Tue – Sat
12:00 – 18:00
Cross Keys Pub, Dunnington
The Duke of York, Gate Helmsley
|Dunnington Pizza (Delivers)
|2.3||10||Mon - Fri
15:00 - 23:00
|Butterfields (Hot Sandwiches)
08:00 – 13:00
Mon – Fri
07:30 – 15:00
The Three Cups, Stamford Bridge
|3.2||14||12:00 – 23:00|
|Deans Garden Centre Cafe, Stockton on Forest
|2.1||10||Mon - Fri
09:00 - 16:30
10:00 - 16:30
|1.8||9||08:00 – 20:00
10:00 - 18:00
Balloon Tree Farm shop and Cafe, Gate Helmsley
09:00 – 18:00
09:00 – 17:00
|Coop, Stanford Bridge
How do we find you by car?
On the edge of the village of Holtby our site is easily accessed from the A64 via the Stamford Bridge Road (A166 Eastbound). Simply take a left turn into the village of Holtby after around 2 miles. Through the village the road forks, taking the left fork our site is just around a left-hand bend in the road.
York Holiday & Cycle Stop, Holtby, York , YO19 5UD.
- Be considerate of other guests
- Keep noise low at all times
- After 22:00 switch off music and keep noise to a minimum
- Keep the area clean and tidy for others
- Respect the village location and keep disturbance to a minimum when coming or going from the site
Arrivals and Departures
- All guests and visitors are required to call in at reception on arrival.
- Pitches are let from 14:00 on day of arrival until 10:30 on the day of departure.
- For a late departure please enquire with reception. If the office is closed please contact the manager on duty, who will be able to assist you.
- All keys and items loaned as part of the booking must be returned to reception on checking-out.
- Only one vehicle is are allowed on-site for each pod booked, unless otherwise agreed with the management. Minibuses or other such larger vehicles can be allowed access, with prior permission from the manager.
Enjoy your stay!
- Only those people listed on the booking can occupy your accommodation and use the facilities of the Park.
- The proprietors are not responsible for any loss or damage made by clients on their property.
- Pods and surrounding areas must be left clean and tidy and vacated by the times on the booking form. Damages and losses must be paid for before departure.
- All under 16’s must be accompanied in a pod with an adult.
- The proprietors shall be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time for essential maintenance or required inspections. Wherever possible, this will be by prior arrangement.
- No open fires are permitted on the site and portable barbecues / stoves may only be used in the designated area. The pitching of tents on the site is allowable only with the permission of the site manager.
- Waste should be disposed of only in the bins and recycling facilities provided.
- Pets are not allowed on-site other than guide-dogs.
- A no smoking policy applies in all buildings, camping pods and communal areas. Smoking or use of e-cigarettes is only allowed in the designated area.
- Guests are requested to act with consideration for others and keep the area clean and tidy for others.
- Guests must ensure that any appliances used are switched off after use.
Communal kitchen, shower and amenity block
Enjoy your stay!